The public review and comment period for the Notice of Preparation (NOP) ended on Friday, January 29, 2021. The county received 16 letters responding to the NOP of Draft Environmental Impact Report (DEIR) for Legacy at Coto California Grand Villages. Some very interesting responses came from:
- Attorneys representing
- Department of Fish and Wildlife
- City of Rancho Santa Margarita
- South Coast Air Quality Management District
- Rancho Santa Margarita Water District
- California Cultural Resource Preservation Alliance
- Native American Heritage Commission
- Coto de Caza and Dove Canyon residents
The next phase is the creation of the Draft Environmental Impact Report (DEIR). When it is made available to the public, we will all get another opportunity to comment on whether the county did an adequate job of identifying and analyzing all of the significant environmental impacts, feasible mitigation measures, and reasonable project alternatives associated with the Legacy project.
Please remember to report any suspected Legacy activity to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are able to send photos showing the activity and companies performing it that would be VERY helpful. We need your eyes as well as your voice.