We are mapping out the EIR process now, and I don’t have any more info than that.
It’s a little different going from an MND that was circulated to now an EIR, so we just want to be careful we don’t miss steps and/or duplicate unnecessary steps.
A couple of things though –
- The Draft EIR will be circulated for public review and comment
- Comments submitted on the MND will not ‘count’ as comments on the Draft EIR. New document, new comments needed.
- We will be cognizant of the MND comments as we prepare the Draft EIR
- We are ‘upgrading’ the County’s webpage on the project, making it easier to find and navigate, including some FAQs
- We will have a ‘subscription’ process where you can sign up and anytime something is posted to that page you will get an email notification.
- You’ll have to go and look, but when you get to the page new items will be flagged
- We will be setting up a project-specific email address for everyone to use for comments and questions
- I think we’re past the issues with not accepting email attachments, but I’ll be ensuring that beforehand
- No, we don’t have a schedule yet
Kevin Canning │ Contract Planner │ OC Development Services / Planning
601 North Ross Street │Santa Ana, California 92701-4048
Visit us online for permitting applications/project status at https://myoceservices.ocgov.com/or general questions and assistance call 714 667-8888